Fire Safety Advice
The following guidance notes have been taken from and are available to view and download for free on the NIFRS website from fireSAFE, in the Guidance Documents section.
You should ensure that on a daily basis the escape routes are:
• Free from obstruction, slip or trip hazards (stored or temporary items).
• Clearly indicated to ensure relevant people can use them easily and immediately.
• Equipped with fire doors, that are not wedged open or have self-closing devices removed, to prevent the spread of fire, heat and smoke.
• Final exit doors can be opened quickly and easily by means of push bars, push pads or similar device, but not with the use of a key.
• Areas outside the final exit doors are kept clear from obstruction.
• Available for access by the emergency services.
- THE BASICS
- Fire Safety Guidance
- Our Services
- Our Products
- Our Shop
- Contact Us
- About Us