Fire Safety Advice
The following guidance notes have been taken from and are available to view and download for free on the NIFRS website from fireSAFE, in the Guidance Documents section.
• Inspect the system daily and ensure that every indicator lamp in a maintained unit is lit. If any defects are found then record in the log book and report it to a responsible person. It should be ensured that any previous faults recorded have received urgent attention.
• Monthly test of all self-contained luminaires by simulating normal lighting failure. The period of simulated failure should not exceed one quarter the rated duration of the luminaire or sign and all luminaires/signs should be visually examined to ensure correct function.
• Six-monthly test of self-contained luminaires, internally illuminated signs and central battery systems by a power failure simulation of 1 hour for 3 hour duration units and 15 minutes for 1 hour units. During the test check all luminaires for proper function.
• Three yearly test for full duration of self-contained and central battery systems. During the test check all luminaires and at the end when the supply is restored ensure that any indicator lamp or device is showing normal supply.
• Subsequent annual tests should be undertaken following the same practice as the three yearly test or at the discretion of the enforcing authority.
- THE BASICS
- Fire Safety Guidance
- Our Services
- Our Products
- Our Shop
- Contact Us
- About Us